Log #2


April 15, 1534


Today, I was asked by the King of France to go on a voyage and find a western route from France to Asia. My crew and I will leave in April with two ships. On each of the ships there will be thirty men and in total their will be sixty. We will cross the Atlantic Ocean and try to find new land, or islands, to claim for the king of France. While we do this we will also try and find a western route from our home county to Asia. Also, if there are people on the lands that we go to, I will trade with them and try to get more goods for the king. I really hope that if all goes well, I will be rewarded by His Highness. Also, if I find new land, I hope that everyone that hears that I found it, and that they will be very proud of me for doing this for our country. I an very proud to work for the king and help him expand the country that he owns.


Jacques Cartier




No comments: