Log # 4

May 18, 1535

Once again, I have been asked by the king to go on another voyage. This time I am not going on the voyage to find a route to Asia; this time I am going to find treasures for our country and my lord, the king. We are leaving on May 19 with three ships with the names the Gonde Hermine, the Petit Hermine and the Emerillion. There will be one hundred-ten men that will go on this voyage including the two captives that were taken from their father, on the first voyage. This time, we will be very prepared for any disaster that may occur on our journey back to the New World. We will get to our destination with ease, ignoring all of the obstacles; icebergs, cold weather. I will bring back treasure for our king and I will get many more items that will be of use. When we get back from the journey our king will be very proud of us. When I talk to the king I hope that he is very proud of me and that he gives me riches for going on these voyages for him.

Jacques Cartier.

No comments: